Cheryl Burke has QUIT the Miss USA pageant. The ‘Dancing with the Stars’ alum was slated to co-host next month’s ceremony but just announced she is walking away.
Burke says in a statement, “In light of the recent statements made by Donald Trump and the subsequent decision by NBC to cut ties with Mr. Trump, I cannot in good conscience move forward with participating in this year’s Miss USA Pageant as its co-host. Effective today I have withdrawn from my duties with Miss USA. Although I will not be there in person, I wish all of the contestants much luck as I know how hard they’ve all been working over the last year to try and realize their dreams.”
Burke was scheduled to emcee alongside Thomas Roberts of MSNBC. Her decision to disassociate herself with the July 12 event comes one day after NBC said it would no longer broadcast the pageant. The network also announced it was completely ending its business the relationship with Trump.
Get ready to be sued Cheryl, but good on you!