Last Monday, the 30-year-old actress filed for divorce in a Los Angeles court before returning on Friday to request the restraining order, Belfast Telegraph reports.
Heard appeared in court with a bruise on her face she claimed Depp caused when he threw an iPhone at her during a heated argument at their home on 21 May.
Police responded to calls to the former couple’s property after the alleged incident, but Depp had already left when they arrived.
The Los Angeles Police Department officials have now reported the actress played down the incident as an argument with “my husband” and they determined there was no evidence that a crime was committed.
“The person reporting the crime (Heard) did not insist on a report and no report was warranted. There was no evidence of any crime,” Sergeant Marlon Marrache said. “A crime did not occur so the officers left the scene and left a business card.”
Police sources also told TMZ they would have opened a case if there was any evidence of injury at the time, regardless of whether the alleged victim wanted to or not.
We reported earlier that Depp has dismissed Heard’s claims as fantasy and his representative called her “an affront to real victims of domestic violence.”
The sadly broken couple met while co-starring in the 2011 film The Rum Diaries and married 15 months ago. They have no children together.
Let’s hope the truth comes out.