When you are a pop culture fanatic, it’s easy to think that you know all there is to know about celebrities. Their curiosities may not even be all that sinister or weird but surely are fascinating. Check out 20 truly surprising celeb facts below from our top 20 most interesting stories on your favorite celebs!
1. Gigi Hadid’s real name is Jelena (tell that to Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez shippers).
2. Jake Gyllenhaal got his first driving lesson (on a racetrack) from a family friend: Paul Newman.
3. Charlize Theron was “discovered” when an agent witnessed her throwing a fit at a bank teller who wouldn’t cash her check.
4. Animal lover Matthew McConaughey has helped rescue many critters, including countless pets stranded after Hurricane Katrina.
5. Leonardo DiCaprio’s father, George is a comic book writer and distributor (Greaser Comics #1 1971, Greaser Comics #2 1972, Neurocomics 1979 [with Timothy Leary and Pete von Sholly])
6. Sylvester Stallone: Among actors who are also painters…
7. Lady Gaga wrote Born This Way in 10 minutes.
8. Daniel Craig is the first actor to play James Bond that was born after the series began.
9. Elvis Presley was a natural blonde.
10. Taylor Swift started playing the guitar at age 12.
11. Jennifer Lopez was the first actress to have a movie and an album hit number one in the same week.
12. Kesha has an IQ of 140, and scored 1500 on her SATs.
13. J.K. Rowling was fired from her job as a secretary for daydreaming too much. After that, she wrote the “Harry Potter” books.
14. Alanis Morissette has a twin brother – his name is Wade.
15. Miley Cyrus’ real name = Destiny Hope.
16. Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy had an indoor swing installed in their New York city apartment. Danes explained, “My parents had a swing, a trapeze and a trampoline in their apartment, I was inspired by that.”
17. Emma Stone’s real name is Emily. (She changed it because an actor in SAG already had the name Emily Stone.)
18. Martin Luther King Jr. was a huge “Star Trek” fan!
19. Ashton Kutcher’s a twin
20. Martha Stewart was once a fashion model.