Angus Cloud died of an accidental overdose resulting from a lethal combination of fentanyl, cocaine, methamphetamine and other substances. The information was released by the website TMZ. The Euphoria actor, who died at age 25, suffered acute intoxication from the drug combination that also included benzodiazepines, according to the Alameda County coroner.
Angus Cloud died at his family’s Oakland home on July 31. The actor’s mother, Lisa, reported a “possible overdose”, saying he had no control over his use, according to police.
A source close to the family said Angus was battling suicidal thoughts after burying his father in Ireland the previous week. Angus’ father Conor died in May after a short battle with cancer. Angus was with his family, trying to overcome his grief. But the mother denied that her son was suicidal.
Lisa said he “acted quickly, which was devastating to everyone who loved him.”After his death, Angus’ friends gathered to paint a mural in Oakland. Since then, the place has become a meeting point for people who want to remember Angus.