Last Wednesday (27), Shawn Mendes officially canceled the shows of the “Wonder” tour in North America, the United Kingdom and Europe to take care of mental health.
“I started this tour excited to finally get back to playing live after a long break due to the pandemic, but the reality is I was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away”, says the statement published on the singer’s social media.
“After speaking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally, to ground myself and come back stronger. I unfortunately have to cancel the rest of the tour dates in North America, and the UK / Europe”.
The singer had already postponed the presentations in July. “We were hopeful that I might be able to pick up with the rest of the dates after some much needed time off, but at this time I have to put my health as my first priority”.
Finally, Mendes regrets needing this “healing” time and disappointing fans, but says he will continue writing new music and thanked everyone for their support. “This doesn’t mean I won’t be making new music, and I can’t wait to see you on tour in the future. I know you all have been waiting so long to see these shows, and it breaks my heart to tell you this but I promise I will be back as soon as I’ve taken the right time to heal. I love you all and thank you all so much for supporting me and sticking by me on this journey”.